Since my last post about my bones here is what I have done:
- Had my blood drawn to check Vitamin D levels. The link between Vitamin D and osteoporosis has been getting lots of attention recently.
- Decided to see a specialist.
- Thought about bisphosphonates. While this drug treatment may be inevitable, I will avoid it as long as possible. The possible side effects are unappealing.
- Thought about weight-bearing exercise. I walk and I use dumbbells. Could I do more? Well, sure. I could do machine weights for arms and legs.
- Tried to invoke the way that I felt during active treatment – meaning that I focused on the present instead of the future.
- The hubby and I celebrated our twentieth wedding anniversary in Paris.
Here is what I haven’t done:
- Received the results from my Vitamin D lab test.
- Made an appointment with a specialist.
- Done any in-depth research about biphosonates.
- Machine weights for arms and legs.
- Managed to stay focused on the present. Lately, I worry about the future waaayy too much. What do I worry about? Oh, just the usual stuff. Health. Money. Kids.
Like every good bookworm, I have some exercise books. I actually bought these toward the end of treatment, thinking that I would devote myself to getting into tip-top shape. Alas, this has not happened. So…now what? Can I do it? Will I do it? Stay tuned…